Asked in Child Custody and Criminal Law for California

Q: DVRO and change of custody are they combined? If the DVRO gets thrown out does that include the change of custody

My daughter was served with a DVRO and they linked the Custody agreement change with it. So if the Judge throws out the DVRO is the child custody change also stopped for now?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Arturo Angel Burga
Arturo Angel Burga
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Rancho Cucamonga, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Depends on if the temporary custody change was based on the DVRO. Best if she files a divorce or parentage case for the custody

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.