Oklahoma City, OK asked in Divorce, Personal Injury and Real Estate Law for Oklahoma

Q: I got screw ultra big time by a realitor who sold my house to her investor buddy I have try to sue but have reverse dee

The realtor had scam artest investor do and inspection then he ask for a price reduction of $1000.00 I said no but the realtor trick my divorce into says yes and it closing it went for a $1000 less. So lost $500 on sale of house. I have huge emotion stress over this. I want to sue but she claim defamation of character because made bad review. Also can't find a lawyer who want case. I want sue the b realitor for a million dollars as well since still think about it 7 year latter.

1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Johnston Dean
Gary Johnston Dean
  • Pryor, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Sorry, but I don't think that you have a case. The divorce court apparently approved the sale, and 7 years later your claim would be barred by the statute of limitations.

It's time for you to move on and get over this.

Charles Watts agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.