Noblesville, IN asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Indiana

Q: My boyfriend is currently facing charges in Indiana but a federal indictment out of Kansas. What happens from here.

The Indiana judge said for him to be released Friday but he didn’t get out. Will the feds come get him or will they wait for the case here to be resolved?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James A Hanson
James A Hanson
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fort Wayne, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: The US Marshall's Office has likely put a detainer on him to keep him from being released. They will come get him from his current location when they get around to it. They may wait until the current state case is resolved. They may not. The detainer will prevent him from bonding out in the meantime.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.