Cheyenne, WY asked in Health Care Law for Wyoming

Q: Can the hospital still pursue payment?

A hospital illegally admitted my daughter and is expecting payment. They had my daughter for over 12 hours before notifying me. The admitting nurse signed the admission form and told staff members that she had talked to me. I refused to sign anything. The credit bureaus have deleted the debt from my report but the creditor is getting ready to garnish my checks. Can I get them to stop?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Wyoming attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for three weeks. An attorney would need to investigate the details of the admission. Try to arrange a free initial consult with an attorney after outlining your exchanges (conversations, emails, texts) and daughter's account of the matter. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.