Wyoming Questions & Answers by Practice Area

Wyoming Questions & Answers

Q: Would an vape juice company need to trademark each individual bottle or only the company logo and mascot?

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Copyright, Intellectual Property and Trademark for Wyoming on
Answered on Jan 2, 2018

It depends on how much protection you want for your brand. If you want to prevent other people from using each individual color for the specific juice, then you would need to trademark each bottle design. Although, doing so could be expensive to obtain and maintain. If you only want to prevent others from using a name or mascot, then it is sufficient to register only those aspects of your branding.
View Details »

Q: I was in a car accident and the insurance company for the person at fault is not reimbursing me my money. What do I do?

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for Wyoming on
Answered on Dec 27, 2017

Suggest you contact a member of the Wyoming Assn for Justice--they give free consultions.
View Details »

Q: Age 21. Court supervision until 07/05/17 for speeding ticket. Received 2 more leading up to today. Suspension possible?

2 Answers | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Wyoming on
Answered on Jun 25, 2017

Find out if Wyoming ticket was reported to Illinois.

If not, then you have no convictions on your record and need to contest the new ticket.
View Details »

Q: Do I have to sign a waiver with the shop request?

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Business Law and Wrongful Death for Wyoming on
Answered on Jun 1, 2017

If the shop requires it then your only option is to look for another shop.
View Details »

Q: I live in Wyoming can I shoot someone who is breaking into my car

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Wrongful Death and Criminal Law for Wyoming on
Answered on May 1, 2017

You can't shoot them (I'm assuming you are not in your car). If you did you need to ask that this be taken down by the website, avoid any questions on social media, and contact an attorney at once.
View Details »

Q: I live in Utah but my kids live in Wyoming. Do I need a lawyer from Wyoming?

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Wyoming on
Answered on Apr 6, 2017

More facts are required to provide a through analysis here. However, you should discuss the legal issues with a family lawyer in Wyoming and Utah. It is unclear whether a case has already been filed. If a case has not been filed, Wyoming will probably have jurisdiction, but consult with a local family lawyer to see if jurisdiction can be established in your area. There are just too many facts that need to be analyzed, and you would definitely benefit with a consultation from a lawyer in either...
View Details »

Q: How do I file a complaint of conspiracy to get a county board member to quit on a board?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Gov & Administrative Law, Government Contracts and Libel & Slander for Wyoming on
Answered on Apr 3, 2017

You need to contact a law enforcement officer, or maybe even your state AG's Office to register a complaint. The squeaky wheel gets the attention, so if you are serious about it - then complain in writing (with documented evidence) to every agency you can (DA, AG, local law enforcement, etc.).
View Details »

Q: Can the military ignore doctors notes?

1 Answer | Asked in Military Law for Wyoming on
Answered on Apr 3, 2017

The ugly answer is "yes." Just like single-parent servicemembers have to have a childcare plan to take care of kids in the event of mobilization/deployment, the same concept applies here. The best advice is to work this through your chain of command and build support from the bottom up. Come up with a work plan - a way to possibly reschedule or do equivalent drill weekend work (RST). You could file a complaint with the IG or exercise your Commander's "open door policy," but your safer and...
View Details »

Q: Do I need to get a lawyer for a MIP in Wy

1 Answer | Asked in Juvenile Law for Wyoming on
Answered on Jan 29, 2017

The choice of a lawyer is a personal decision. A lawyer can navigate the court system and may be able to provide you with a reduced sentence. A lawyer may also know about various programs that can replace actual jail time and/or be listed on your record. That said, you can proceed without a lawyer. The DA is not likely to offer a radically different plea deal (if a plea deal is offered).

Every case and person is different so there is no best choice for all people. If you are on the...
View Details »

Q: The Company my wife works for gave out her personal info and bank info to a scam person, what can she do about it?

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Employment Law and Personal Injury for Wyoming on
Answered on Jan 26, 2017

Take all reasonable steps to protect your identity and accounts. If they were defrauded it may or may not be carelessness on their account. You'll have to speak with a member of the Wyo. trial lawyers Assn who handles employment law, juggle the possibility you can get something vs staying on the job.

For starters be aware that if a bank or credit card pays on a forged signature if you notify them as soon as you get the statement it may be covered. bigger problem is someone opening up...
View Details »

Q: Is it normal for a pain management clinic to give you a cup to do a UA but not a lid when any one can contaminat it?

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law and Workers' Compensation for Wyoming on
Answered on Oct 10, 2016

Review it with your lawyer. It wouldn't be normal for sanitation reasons, but not illegal. Not a great argument,weaker still if you had failed an earlier screen.

Q: Can you get charge for an m.I.p. and/or use of marijuana if you fight a D.U.I. in Wyoming?

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Wyoming on
Answered on Sep 24, 2016

He can be charged with anything the prosecutor wants to charge. Prosecutors have virtually unlimited discretion. Based on what you have said, he definitely should get an attorney to represent him.

Q: What to plea

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Wyoming on
Answered on Sep 22, 2016

If he doesn't know how to plead, he should probably plead not guilty. It is generally not wise to plead guilty at the arraignment. If he is not happy with his public defender, he should seek private counsel.

Q: Can I press charges when someone who agreed to hold my belongings in their spare space sells it without my consent?

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Criminal Law for Wyoming on
Answered on Sep 22, 2016

Contact the appropriate police agency and file a report. It is up to the prosecutor to file charges, but those facts would indicate criminal conduct.

Q: How can a adult assault a minor child and not get a felony ?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Wyoming on
Answered on Sep 18, 2016

It is up to the prosecutor which charges to file. A prosecutor will look at the facts, the elements of a particular offense, and determine whether he has enough evidence to prove the defendant guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. If not, then he will not file charges.

Q: - How am I taxed in the US?- What type of entity should I choose to file my EIN application?

1 Answer | Asked in Tax Law, Business Formation and Immigration Law for Wyoming on
Answered on Jul 10, 2016

There are questions and answers similar to the mentioned situation on our website at http://aba-us.com/other-services/?lang=en. You can take a look for general information. Also you consult with an experienced immigration attorney for your best interest. Good luck.

Q: I have a annuity and the Insurance co is 4 months behind in payments to me and I keep getting excuses, What can i do?

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith for Wyoming on
Answered on Jun 29, 2016

Fiole a complaint with the insurance commissioner.

Q: Can a person who is waiting 2 months on worker man's compensation receive money from family to help out?

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Wyoming on
Answered on May 4, 2016

Oh course. There is no effect on WC benefits, perhaps on ss though.

Q: Can a company withhold severance if you don't agree to not say anything negative about them?

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law for Wyoming on
Answered on Apr 2, 2016

In many states, a severance package is not required. As such, a company may have no obligation to pay out a severance package even if it is the right thing to do. Consult with a Wyoming employment attorney to find out your rights. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.