Fort Collins, CO asked in Contracts, Arbitration / Mediation Law and Health Care Law for Colorado

Q: I can't afford my chiropractor anymore but I have a 12 month contract with them. Can i get out of it safely?

The service with them has helped i just can't afford it every month and have a standing contract/payment plan with them.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Arbitration & Mediation Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Colorado attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. It could be difficult for an attorney to offer guidance without seeing the contract's terms about termination, cancellation, refunds, penalties, etc. You could reach out to local attorneys to review the contract, but in these settings, sometimes it could be cheaper to simply approach the other side and explain your difficult situation and ask if it's possible to negotiate reasonable terms for an amicable break. Every situation can be different, and how to proceed is your decision. But that could be an option to think about if you feel the office might be sympathetic to your situation. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.