Tampa, FL asked in Adoption and Family Law for Florida

Q: NC allows for dissolution of adoptions. I have been trying to figure out for 20 years how to be reunited with family

I have changed my name but I want my original birth record and baptismal cert with my family name. The adoption did not work out. Now everyone is dead mom step and dad. For emotional and mental reasons to die knowing I have been reunited with my family with my true Id returned to me. Can someone point me to docs or someone that can guide me.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If you are looking for advice on how to find your biological parents or their relatives, this is the wrong forum for that - it's not a legal issue. Look for organizations that help people with that issue. If you locate your biological parents and wish to be adopted by them, and they are willing to adopt you, it would not be a problem to find an attorney who handles adoptions. If you find out who your biological parents/relatives are and would like to change your last name to theirs, you can do that with or without their permission by filing a name change petition.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.