Columbus, IN asked in Criminal Law for Indiana

Q: What form do you file when judge takes away surved time and awarded time for programs surved days after sentencing

No sentence modification was filed for defendant or by state, 118 actual surved day and 180 awarded for rehabilitation programs in jail completed how do we get it back or reverse the modification after sentencing. The judge originally gave correct actually days in sentencing but 5 days later amended sentence and took 82 days credit away

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James A Hanson
James A Hanson
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fort Wayne, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: It is not clear what you are asking from the question above.

I have yet to find a judge unwilling to give credit for actual time served in the jail. I would recommend you speak with an attorney directly about the calculation of the served time, the good time credit days for this offense, and the local court's practice of awarding time for programs.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.