Asked in Civil Rights for Mississippi

Q: I called the police when my window was broken by my ex. When the police arrived. We were OUTSIDE . I was the only one

Standing on my porch. The officers asked if they could come inside the house. I told them no, and pushed the screen door shut . I was then immediately grabbed by the officers and threw me down the steps and immediately grabbed my arms , hit me in the head . TAZED me I my lower back And because my arms could not go completely behind my back with one pair of short cuffs. They took . Me to jail for resisting arrest and failure to comply .. and did nothing to the person that broke my window from the outside for which I WAS THE ONE THAT CALLED 911 . THIS OCCURED I. Winston co. Mississippi. What kind of charged will I bel liable for

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Cleveland, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: From the looks of it, you may actually have a civil rights case against the law enforcement agency that conducted the arrest. Your best bet is going to be to contact an experienced lawyer to further discuss the details surrounding your arrest. Feel free to reach out to any lawyer on here by clicking the contact information next to their name. Most law firms, including mine, offer free consultations to see how we can help out.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.