Asked in Child Custody and Domestic Violence for Florida

Q: I need some answers on how I can get my child back. My child was taken because of domestic violence

My child was taken because of domestic violence that he witnessed one time my child is 15 years old I am 52

1 Lawyer Answer
Mr.  Joseph Lafayette Gufford III
Mr. Joseph Lafayette Gufford III
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Stuart, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: I’m not sure if the injunction was a civil one, a DCF injunction or a criminal no contact order. It may be a combination of things. In any event, you need to file an action for dissolution of marriage or a paternity action. I would strongly suggest that you hire a qualified family law attorney to do this for you as it appears complex due to the overall scenario

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.