Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Louisiana

Q: If I do not have an attorney, how do I respond to an ex Parte motion?

There are untruths in the ex Parte

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Baton Rouge, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: While you may not have an attorney, you can and should certainly try to hire one to assist you with responding and representing you. In the meantime, additional information is needed to respond to your post as there are multiple ex-parte motions which have different ways/requirements for response----you need to review the ex parte and see if it provides a court date and make sure you get a lawyer be in court for your court date. Also, if you choose to do so, then you most likely can formally response in writing to the ex-parte. Again, without reviewing the ex-parte, it is difficult for us to respond to your post.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.