Asked in Workers' Compensation for California

Q: I need immediate help with very severe Numbing and Tingling. I have a lawyer whom want answer calls. Need Neck Surgery.

I am in Severe Arm , Shoulder, Neck Radiating Down to Hands, Fingers. Headache. Was forced to Relocate back to Columbia, SC. After Forced Retirement and Failed Neck Surgery. Which Caused a New Injury to My Neck, Whereas I Can NEVER LYE Down on My Left Side Again. Unless My Right Arm, Hands and Fingers Immediately Goes Numbing and Tingling pass a 10/10 Scale. Should I just Go to Hospital and Use My Medicare Card?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nancy J. Wallace
Nancy J. Wallace
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Grand Terrace, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: It depends. iS this case open such that this employer is paying for your treatment still? Have you selected a specialist or hospital from the Medical Provider Network, an MPN Doctor or Urgent Care or Hospital?? Then you should go to the MPN Hospital or Urgent Care. If you use your Medicare Care Card and say it is work related MOST places will decline treatment because Medicare is not for work-related injuries. If you closed your comp case before you left and gave MSA Money to Center For Medicare Service (CMS), then yes just use the Medicare care and get the treatment you need in the Acute Urgent Care or the ER.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.