Cincinnati, OH asked in Civil Litigation for Ohio

Q: My girlfriend of 10yrs kicked me out of the house she got swhile we were together. What do i do about getting my things

I have attempted to sit down with her and a mediator , her daughter who doesn't care for me too much, and discuss who gets what but she starts yelling acting like a child. AnywYs mist of the stuff in the house , I have bought but I'm not trying to empty her house . I don't have room for much. She basically says I will get what she gives me , when she wants to give it to me. I'm afraid after so long I forfiet everyhting

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Raquel Ann Parish
Raquel Ann Parish
  • Delaware, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Parties can file for a right of replevin at the municipal court in the county where the property is located under Ohio Revised Code Chapter 2737 re Replevin. Any party to an action involving a claim for the recovery of specific personal property, upon or at any time after commencement of the action, may apply to the court by written motion for an order of possession of the property.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.