Grand Blanc, MI asked in Civil Rights and Criminal Law for Michigan

Q: i had my criminal record expunged in april 2022 and michigan police record search is still showing my expunged charges

i have been going back and forth with 7th circut court to have a copy of judgment re sent to mi state police i have even sent a certified copy of judgment myself to mi state police and still nothing is being done. what can i do to resolve this issue.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: Honestly, not much else you can do. MSP is backed up dealing with expungments. If the court sent the order and you did as well, the issue is with MSP, and unfortunately for you, they will process it when they can.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.