Tulsa, OK asked in Car Accidents for Oklahoma

Q: If during a car accident, a child is hurt and the mother is driver of someone else vehicle . The claim against mom, why?

To reach a settlement the mother has to agree. And as it is up to the courts either the child waits till 18 to receive the money or parent is given a monthly amount to get what the child needs

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Oklahoma attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. If the mother was the operator of the other vehicle, then she would have a claim brought against her - but that vehicle's insurance should cover that. In terms of your second point on the settlement for a minor, it sounds like you are talking about an infant compromise order (different states could have different names for it). You should ask the attorney handling the case about the details of that - that's a separate hearing than the car accident trial and the terms are outlined in the paperwork approved by the infant comp judge. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.