Sacramento, CA asked in Criminal Law for California

Q: Can I have the local district attorney removed for bias in favor of an alleged victim.

The father was a former San Joaquin county Sheriff's deputy. The alleged victim has had several arrest within the calendar year and Never had an arrangement or charges filled. One charge was filed for failure to obey an Emergency Protection Order, and was dismissed. The A.D.A. in a phone call to me said that they had to review the file and an investigator would contact me. Then he called back on Monday and informed me they were not going to pursue the case against her. (Even though she can be heard clearly on the 911 audio) well within the 100 yards. Then they filed in March domestic violence from December. And never arrested me or even sent notice that I had a charge or arrest warrant. I make my own court date to be arranged.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: the DA decides which cases to pursue.

you should consult with a local criminal lawyer for guidance and the ability to review all the court records.........and talk to the DA.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.