Fort Mill, SC asked in Wrongful Death for New Jersey

Q: What is the tort form I need to fill out in wrongful death of spouse with in 90 days

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
H. Scott Aalsberg
H. Scott Aalsberg
  • East Brunswick, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: More information would be needed to properly answer your question but it seems like you may need to complete a notice of tort claim form. If you have a personal injury case against a governmental entity or person I suggest that you hire a lawyer if you wish to collect money.

Gerald D. Siegel
Gerald D. Siegel pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Plainsboro Township, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Any potential claim against a governmental entity and/or its employees, such as a town, county, the state, a police department, a board of education and many others requires that a Notice of Claim be filed with the proper agent for the receipt of the said notice, within 90 days of the event. Failure to do so, will bar any chance of sueing that entity and/or its employees. The said cases are governed by the NJ Tor Claims Act: NJSA 59. You should hire a lawyer, no doubt.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.