Sacramento, CA asked in Child Custody for Nevada

Q: I filed an ex parte on the other parent for child abuse and neglect on another child. Can I keep child until hearing

Daughters father recently had a warrant for his arrest for child abused and neglect on another child living with him. I filed an ex parte when he was arrested on these charges. Can I keep my daughter until our next hearing?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bonnie M Lonardo
Bonnie M Lonardo
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: If you feel that the child is in danger from being with the other parent due to his current arrest for abuse and neglectful then I would suggest filing a motion with the court for temporary orders before keeping the child away from the other parent. It is never a good idea to violate a current custody Order if one is in place with the court and never a good idea to keep a child away from a parent unless there is a fear of harm to the child and a motion has been filed with the court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.