Dover, OH asked in Divorce for Ohio

Q: We want a divorce because we just don’t want to be married but don’t want to go to court, is this possible and fast?

We have no property and don’t want anything from each other. We have a 14 and 15 year old and work out with visitation just fine nonissues for two years now.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Raquel Ann Parish
Raquel Ann Parish
  • Delaware, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Parties seeking an uncontested Divorce with children or a Dissolution with children in Ohio must write out their agreements for the court to order a termination of the marriage. The agreements to terminate the marriage with children must include property division, a parenting plan and child support calculation concerning the children whether or not the parents will have a child support order included in their agreements. It is advised to seek the legal counsel of an experienced family law attorney who can properly memorialize the agreements and file the paperwork with the court. A final hearing can be done within 45 days depending on the filing.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.