Kyle, TX asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: I signed misdemeanor probation for 2 years probated for one year, is the most they can give me one year in county jail?

My original charges were a burglary of habitation, three burglary of a buildings, two unauthorized use of motor vehicles. They 1244 all of them under a plea bargain.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tristan Nicolas LeGrande
Tristan Nicolas LeGrande
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Yes. If your probation is revoked, you can be sentenced up to 1 yr in county jail.

The Judge could also reinstate your probation, with or without additional conditions. You are entitled to a hearing, and the opportunity to present evidence related to the alleged violations, as well as any mitigation evidence. Hire a lawyer to advise you how to proceed, and possibly to represent you during the hearing.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.