Ogden, UT asked in Family Law and Adoption for Utah

Q: My husband would like to adopt our daughter. Bio has no contact for 3+ yrs and is not on birth certificate. Do I have to

Do I have to contact him in order to go through with the adoption?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jason F. Barnes
Jason F. Barnes
  • Family Law Lawyer
  • Kaysville, UT
  • Licensed in Utah

A: Although your question may seem to be an easy one, there are many other questions that need to be asked in order to assess whether or not notice is necessary. If you would like to give us a call, we can certainly talk about the specific details of the case and answer your question. If you are not interested in that, to begin your journey, you will want to look at 78B-6-110 and 78B-6-120 through 122.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.