Bauxite, AR asked in Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Tax Law for Arkansas

Q: What options are there for unreasonable neighbors outside of city limits?

We bought a house last year that has turned out to be a money pit. We've wasted quite a bit of money on repairs, while also finding out that the whole street is pretty much a party street. We're out of city limits, so the cops say theres nothing they can do. I'm enrolled in online college and work full time, and also have an early start time for work. Our neighbors CONTSTANTLY, everyday, bump their subs at unreasonable volumes, pretty sure in spite of us because we've nicely asked them on multiple occasions if they could turn the bass down. We are now so stressed because of it all the time that it's actually caused physical sickness, I can't focus on school, have had to call in or go to work late because we were up all night not able to sleep because of them. We are trying to figure out how we can just get out of this house, but believe we would have to deal with capital gains tax, the housing market is screwed up, interest rates are high, and we have no money.

1 Lawyer Answer

A: Under the circumstances, you describe I would sell and move. You need direct advice from a tax guy, but you a reasonable period of time to reinvest to avoid capital gains.

Do you have a county sheriff or local constable? If you are in the county there is some county-wide law enforcement body.

Timothy Denison agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.