Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Arkansas Civil Litigation Questions & Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Civil Litigation for Arkansas on

Q: Does a loss prevention have the right to break my wrist or can i sue him. I am a female & he hit my 14 year old daughter

He stopped me fidnt say who was just i had to leave with him. I was scared so we ran & he grabbed my wrist & threw me down & broke my wrist.

Gary Kollin answered on Jul 27, 2019

If I said no, would you simply drop it?

I doubt it.

Contact a personal injury attorney

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy, Civil Litigation and Civil Rights for Arkansas on

Q: A franchiser I had services with closed. My services with them didn't finish, what should I do? I paid upfront.

I have contacted them and they have told me they can't reimburse me any money back. It was a laser treatment I had purchased in advance. They charged me over $900 for 6 sessions, only 2 were completed.

Timothy Denison answered on Jul 31, 2018

If the franchiser has filed bankruptcy, all you can do is file a proof of claim. If they have not filed bankruptcy, you can go file a criminal complaint for theft by failure to make required disposition of property.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Appeals / Appellate Law, Civil Litigation and Domestic Violence for Arkansas on

Q: When declaring someone in Arkansas's address. What should law enforcement go by?

Does a person, who is a guest at a residence, have the right to concent a legal search?

Stewart Whaley answered on Jun 12, 2018

It depends on what happened. If consent is voluntary (state must prove) and the person is apparently authorized to give consent, the search is probably legal (see Arkansas Rules of Criminal Procedure 11.2). Think about. If you give a guest access to a residence, what's the difference in them... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Civil Rights, Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Arkansas on

Q: Can a police officer

Can a police officer have a no contact order with him when investigating a domestic violence report and can he arrest a person and make them sign the order before he incsrcerates. And have the judge signed the order before he books the defendant?

Richard Lane Hughes answered on Apr 18, 2018

If I understand our statement of facts correctly, the answer is no.

There may be other grounds for an arrest but not for an order that did not exist at the time of the allegedly offending behavior.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Personal Injury and Criminal Law for Arkansas on

Q: can a person get away with attempted murder? I live in a small town in arkansas, where i walk around from to time. I

was beaten almost to death airlifted to med in memphis with bleading on brain. I pressed charges against him, but nothing is being done about it, they are saying I provoked him, but i didnt I had no kind of weapon on me, it was turned over to a deputy proscecuting attorney. he said he is declining... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing answered on Apr 10, 2018

If a prosecutor doesn't want to prosecute unfortunately it only emboldens the assaulter. Best thought is to consider relocating if you can get work elsewhere. As far as dealing with some of the fallout, suggest you google

psychology today therapist EMDR ______________ (insert the name of...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation for Arkansas on

Q: Where can I get a copy of motion of discovery on a state vs defendant in the state of arkansas/drew county court

Robert Jason De Groot answered on Oct 24, 2015

Your attorney? If not, then go see the court clerk and ask to see the official court file.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation for Arkansas on

Q: How can I get a copy of my motion of discovery from 2003

Robert Jason De Groot answered on Oct 24, 2015

Go see the court clerk and ask to see the official file on the case.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation for Arkansas on

Q: How long does it take for a U.S. District Court judge to post a written opinion?

Charles Snyderman answered on Jan 6, 2013

There is no time limit.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.