Stockton, CA asked in Probate and Estate Planning for California

Q: How do I contest my father's living trust...?

My brother is trustee 75% of all assets... included is my my dad's house which I have resided since June 3rd 2021 passed 2/7/22 brother is trying to kick me only verbally and is abusive verbally doesn't live here staying here to handle estate, lives in San Francisco.

Has not finalized anything yet, he has not taken possession of house yet, just paying the mortgage

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Adam T. Carralejo
Adam T. Carralejo
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Santa Barbara, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You need to have some grounds to contest a trust. Undue influence by someone or a lack of capacity of your father ... something like that. You need to move quickly because if you brother serves your with the proper notice, your time to contest the trust will expire. Don't wait until it's too late.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.