Asked in Immigration Law

Q: I'm a Us citizen married with 3 kids but living in Mexico is there a way I can petición for my family?

I've been told I have to return to USA and work and start the paperwork which in my cause I've never worked

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Yohan Zingile
Yohan Zingile
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Bradenton, FL

A: If you are the father of the children, your children would be US citizen. You can file a petition for your wife however you will need to come to the US. The petition's purpose is for your relative to come to the US live with you. So you will need to provide US mailing address etc. If finances is an issue you may use a joint sponsor for affidavit of support when required. In any case we need more information to assess the eligibility of the children and spouse.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.