Flint, MI asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Michigan

Q: My kid a runaway. White lake PD wont return her even w/my custody papers. Why not ? And how? What do I file next?

I went to white lake multiple times. They claim that no one has custody. Which is untrue. Now my mother is harboring a runaway and white lk PD wont allow me to file charges. Lilly is 13, suicidal and selling pornograph material online. No one cares. How do I stop this ???? I also tried to file a Incorrigible person but Genesee co. ( flint )doesnt do that.....

Money hungry lawyer who answered :

I wont hire a lawyer. Lilly is like poison to this family. Guess she'll be with my birth giver with bed bugs and no food. Lawyers always want MONEY

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: There is so much that can be going on with a child custody situation like this that it's really impossible for anyone to give you solid advice without knowledge of all the facts. The police are often reluctant to deal with what can be considered "civil / family" matters. Once the child is rendered safe - which is sounds like they believe your mother to be a safe person, they have or are likely to tell you to deal with it in family court.

You should absolutely get an attorney involved because if you keep going at this how you have been, you could lose custody or become a respondent to a child protective proceeding.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.