Torrance, CA asked in Medical Malpractice for California

Q: Dental implants caused an infection that caused a hole in my cheek. Also a hole from the roof of my mouth to my nose.

I spent 25000.00. The implants had to be removed . The dentist is not responsive to my needs in fixing the situation..

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tobie Brina Waxman
Tobie Brina Waxman
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Culver City, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: I would recommend you get a second opinion. Order a copy of your records and go to another dentist to look at those records and examine you and advise you as to why you got the outcome you got. Suffering an infection may or may not be the result of negligence, but merely a bad outcome. If you find out that something was done wrong or improperly that can be causally related to the infection you suffered then you should consult with a malpractice attorney. My office is in Culver City, which appears to be relatively close to you in Torrance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.