Tulsa, OK asked in Divorce for Oklahoma

Q: Do i have to buy her out of the house if she never contributed and is taking the kids and moving out of the state?

she doesnt want the house

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

A: There's not enough information to properly respond to this question. That said, you are talking about real estate, presumably breakup of a marriage, and kids are involved, I highly recommend that you contact and consult with obe or more family law/divorce attorneys in your area -----discuss your specific situation with them and then decide how to proceed. Good luck.

Gary Johnston Dean and Charles Watts agree with this answer

Charles Watts
Charles Watts
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Like my colleague stated you do not have enough information. In addition to that, if there was a divorce already any decree/order would be dictating.

Gary Johnston Dean agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.