Saint Paul, MN asked in Family Law and Health Care Law for Minnesota

Q: My mother , ssi income, is being taken to court by a nursing home where my father stayed .

We have records showing they were paid by insurance co. As well as other extenuating issues. I think she should have someone helping her with this but she’s on a very limited income.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Minnesota attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for three weeks. One option here could be to look into whether pro bono or legal aid resources could assist here, due to your mother's financial hardship. You could also check with the Minnesota Bar Association. You could also look into whether the insurance carrier would be helpful in breaking down payments and denials - those could be meaningful to an attorney who might offer to assist. If you start gathering medical records and compiling a file, that could increase the chances of legal assistance from a public agency or charitable legal organization. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.