Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Minnesota Health Care Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for Minnesota on
Q: Can I pursue a case against a doctor for misdiagnosis, if said misdiagnosis has caused chronic pain lasting for years?

I went to the doctor for a bug bite, but I was also getting migraines, muscle and joint pain, and fatigue. This doctor analysed all of those symptoms separately instead of all together. I took the antibiotics she prescribed, but only got worse until my skin started getting splotchy red spots that... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Oct 20, 2019

It's possible you could, but keep in mind that the assertion of the ER staff that the primary care physician should have caught it is not irrefutable evidence that creates an airtight case. It also appears that there is considerable passage of time, which is something that attorneys defending such... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents, Workers' Compensation, Constitutional Law and Health Care Law for Minnesota on
Q: Can we sue someone for scaring us by a car?

I work in the traffic department as a traffic controller as they are no signals i have to stand in the middle of the street and guide ways to the cars. Once i was doing my job a car on purpose came fast as if he was about to hit me, neither he was going straight or left he was coming were i was... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Feb 14, 2018

Did you report him to the police? Seems it violates several code sections. Can you sue him? Technically yes, but as that type of case is frowned on by the Courts I doubt it. If you have ptsd then see about having it documented.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.