Canton, MI asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Civil Litigation and Libel & Slander for Michigan

Q: Assuming there is enough evidence to substantiate my claims. Is my ex-girlfriend accountable in any way for tearing our

child's amniotic membrane 8 weeks early to get on FMLA at work? and then for going out of her way to maliciously infect me with covid, and then for falsely accusing me of PPO and stalking when I asked to see my child too many times? How do I hold someone like this accountable? and how do I prevent someone like this to continue to do things like this?

1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: If it is a crime you are alleging she committed, then you can certainly contact the police and make a report; it's likely they will say this is a family / civil matter and stay out of it.

Is there a current PPO? You need to file an objection and have a hearing about that. Until then, it's not false and will remain enforceable against you regardless if you consider it false.

At the root of your issue is a child; you should address all these matters through the family court, and consider what "holding her accountable" looks like to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.