Altamonte Springs, FL asked in Divorce and Family Law for Florida

Q: I'm looking for an affordable lawyer. My ex and I have split and I need a divorce. Custody will most likely be an issue.

We have 3 children ( 11, 9 & 4), and he has a daughter (17y) from a previous marriage. There has been a history of verbal abuse and allegations of him propositioning the 17 year old daughter. It was investigated by dcf and no charges filed, but I do have a video recording of him admitting to parts of it after the fact. He was aware the video cameras were present because he installed them. I'm not sure how to proceed with this. We have no assets together other than two cars that are being paid on and the three children.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Ferrin
Michael Ferrin
  • Orlando, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Contact our office to discuss our payment options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.