Asked in Medical Malpractice and Workers' Compensation for California

Q: Having Complications after Spinal Surgery. I Can not Never Sleep on My Left Side No More. Never Sleep on a Regular Pillo

Never Sleep on a Regular Pillow Again. Unless 2 to 5 Minutes Both Arms Shoulders Biceps down Arms to Hands Palms Various Fingers Goes Severely Stinging and Numbing Immediately. I have to Remove High Pillow and Sleep on My Neck Soft Collar Each Night. Also Electrical Pain Shoots Down My Right Lower Leg to Ankle and Toes Sting and Foot Freeze. Also Headaches that can Last for Awhile. I feel it's Complications from the Hardware Placed in My Neck. Neurosurgeon kept Requesting to Me to go on Social Security Disability. He said His Surgery went Stormy that He offered to Do. Called "Cervical Laminoplasty". He did No Follow Up. I recently saw him on You Tube. And Pub Med talking About Failure of this Type of Surgery. "Cervical Myelopathy". His Pre-Op and Post-Op Read the Same. "Cervical Stenosis with Myelomalacia". He Relocated to Seattle. Will they Relocate Me back to California to Have Revision Surgery?

1 Lawyer Answer
Nancy J. Wallace
Nancy J. Wallace
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Grand Terrace, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Workers Comp insurer will only authorize precisely what an MPN Treating Physician writes in a Request For Authorization, an RFA. No physician I know in 33 years has ever written that a patient must be relocated to get treatment. It is incredibly UNLIKELY that any insurer would relocate any worker even if the Treating PHysician requested such an extreme option. The complaints you are having regarding sleeping need to be addressed by a physician near you on the Medical Provider Network, and that physician has to know enough California Law to write up the recommendations in a Request For Authorization (the RFA). People who relocate out of state before their claim is closed rarely get any effective treatment because out-of-state doctors don't know how to write requests that California Adjusters have to authorize.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.