Asked in Workers' Compensation for California

Q: Hi. I need Concrete Information about My very Severe Injuries. I do not know what to do or what Happen to Me if I

If I Become Paralyzed Today or Tomorrow. I would Not Know what to Do about this California Work Injury. I have called for Info and Nothing told to Me. I now Live Out of State. Spinal Cord Injury in Another State and the Doctors here Will Not Accept California Workers Comp. Or Even See Me. The Hospitals Will Not Accept My Third Party Administrators. My Body Continue to Go Severely Numb and Tingling. I called to get Maybe Seen by Company MPN to know Avail. What Should I Do Next?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nancy J. Wallace
Nancy J. Wallace
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Grand Terrace, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You could select a Physician from the MPN IN CALIFORNIA and visit California for a treatment visit, explaining to the physician you need a final, rateable report because you moved away without closing your treatment. You could attempt to see a Qualified Medical Evaluator -- the QME -- and request a final, rateable report. The WCAB Judge can only issue an award based upon the Treating PHysician's findings or the QME's findings. Without an MPN Treating PHysician final rateable report, the judge cannot issue a finding so the insurer will ignore you. If you cannot see any physicians in California you can ask the insurer for a settlement but they have no reason to issue you anything until there is a rateable, admissible report in their hands (NOT notes from your local surgeon, a real trial-ready Whole Person Impairment report signed under LC428).

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.