Harrisburg, PA asked in Traffic Tickets for Pennsylvania

Q: In Pennsylvania, I was issued citation for failure to come to complete stop at stop sign. Can I plead not guilty…

I was issued citation for not coming to a complete stop at stop sign. At the time, my vehicle was not inspected. I am making inspection appointment on Monday

Police officer never looked at my inspection. I feel as if I came to a complete stop but was guilty of an expired vehicle inspection. I want to plead not guilty. I know it’s his word against mine.

Can I claim that the police officer is incompetent because he failed to look at my inspection? I took photo of expired inspection, then I will take photo after it’s inspected?

Can I be retroactively issued a citation by presenting evidence of expired inspection?


Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Kraeer
Timothy Kraeer
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Pottsville, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: You should plead not guilty. Bring proof that you had the vehicle inspected to the hearing, and the officer may withdraw that citation. The officer may also be willing to change the stop sign citation to a section that does not add points to your license. Consider reaching out to a traffic attorney in your area for a free consultation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.