Chicago, IL asked in Criminal Law for Illinois

Q: If a court loses record of a court order u are requesting a hearing for to have it dropped…what happens?

When requesting a hearing to ask the court to dismiss a pretrial monitoring due to the fact u have no record and pose no risk to society…If u request a hearing to ask the judge to drop or dismiss the order and the order cannot be found the day of the hearing by the court is the hearing just canceled or is the court to go ahead w the hearing and ask the judge anyhow or how would this work?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Alexander Ivakhnenko
Alexander Ivakhnenko
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Wheeling, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Impossible to handle that criminal case by way of a remote legal note without any ability to learn the case documents, discuss options with the court and the assigned prosecutor.

That case requires a counsel of record.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.