Detroit, MI asked in Criminal Law, DUI / DWI and Traffic Tickets for Kentucky

Q: How can I obtain a criminal matters attorney?I am in dire need of legal representation and counsel.

I am displaced and disabled. Displaced as far as work, and housing. I quilfy as indignant. The only court appointed lawyer available in all of Cumberland KY... had completely blindsided me when they choose to revoke their duties and responsibilities as my lawyer due to a difference in how we shall proceed. The "difference", was me refusing to plea guilty to crimes I never committed. Unfair, unjust, and most likely illegal? Where do I turn now? I need a lawyer that's willing to look at all he details, see through the lines, and speak the truth on this matter, on my behalf... I surely can not afford to obtain my own .

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Check with your local bar association and/or Legal Aid Society. They maintain rosters of pro Bono and reduced fee attorneys who can help you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.