Shelbyville, KY asked in Criminal Law, Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Domestic Violence for Kentucky

Q: Can I file harrassment charges after 2 epos we're filed on me , both dissmissed for lack of evidence ?

The petitioner and I were never in a relationship. In court

he accused me of being the reason he nearly lost custody of his son, and for him being kicked out of his residence claiming I got his girlfriend to kick him out . It wasn't until after the first case that I found out his ex had won a permanent dvo against him which he failed to mention in court against me . His ex's dvo is the cause of what he has erroneously claimed against me . Both his dvo attempts against me were dissmissed due to a lack of evidence against me . He admitted coming to my residence both times threatening to have me arrested. He has since filed 10 police reports against me, trying to have me arrested for defending myself to his impossible endless accusation. All of this has been in court in louisville. He has harrassed me with police and the courts. His accusation is the harrassment . Can I file for harrasment and where ?

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: You can file a complaint for harassment at your local county attorneys office in the county in which you reside.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.