Channahon, IL asked in Immigration Law for Illinois

Q: I-912 got rejected ( fee waiver)

I recently submitted a i-912 with my i-90 but it got rejected. My reason is that my card got lost or stolen ( they sent it to my old address). My criteria is that I am below poverty.

USCIS is asking for evidence such as Tax returns and pay stubs. But I just moved to the US and I am cant file taxes yet. All my income is from overseas and it is below poverty. I added a latter explaining that. What other evidence can I give them? I have a business overseas but there is no paper transactions and that is normal in my home country. Any ideas? Should I just ask for a loan and just pay this?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Alexander Ivakhnenko
Alexander Ivakhnenko
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Wheeling, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: 1. You have to update the address within ten days of moving by way of submitting AR-11 online and by mail to each respective USCIS facility as directed. That way the card would be delivered properly.

2. The USCIS may, at its discretion, reject granting a fee waiver for certain reasons (since you claimed indigence, you failed to prove that issue up),

3. Your "business" overseas will bring another lever of scrutiny as you must pay taxes even on your foreign income derived in the United States.

4. Here is the only one idea: retain a professional.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.