Kings Mountain, NC asked in Appeals / Appellate Law for North Carolina

Q: I was denied a pistol permit under the pretense that a hospital said that I had a substance abuse problem.

I do not have ANY SUBSTANCE ABUSE problem. My last drink was on July 4 of 2021! I have never been involuntary admitted to any substance abuse facility. I don’t use any drugs at all either and I haven’t In well over a year. I want to appeal the decision but I’m not sure what to do or if I need representation from a lawyer. NCGS 14-404(c)(3) denied by information given from a local hospital. The last time I visited that hospital was well over 2 years ago and all I asked for was adavan because I was trying to quit drinking on my own.

I’m in mecklenburg county.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Charles William Michaels
Charles William Michaels
  • Appeals & Appellate Lawyer
  • Baltimore, MD

A: There is not an appeal "question" in this post. I am not a NC lawyer, but if you truly want to appeal the decision, I would recommend legal representation. A core issue to be addressed on appeal is why do you need a pistol permit.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.