Tulsa, OK asked in Family Law for Oklahoma

Q: My father died January 2019 my mother died five months later June 2019 they both were obviously still married and

My father died January 2019 my mother died five months later June 2019 they both were obviously still married and I have one brother older and they had one granddaughter which is my daughter I wasn’t only not told of my parents death but when I talk to my brother when my mother died he said that I would get nothing of anything because they went to their deathbed hating me they both died of alcoholism and dementia and there’s so many personal possessions that not only were mine or things that were given to me by both of my grandma and grandma‘s on both sides of the family I had worked on genealogy for years and years and I know my daughter had told me that my first cousin and her sister‘s daughter who doesn’t know any backstory to any of our Family things as far as my parents wedding and stuff like that and has told my daughter she has all my parents wedding stuff and I guess when the time is right we’ll give it to her and I find that very disheartening and strange when they passed away

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Johnston Dean
Gary Johnston Dean
  • Pryor, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: You need to immediately contact an experienced probate lawyer in the county of your parents residence for help with this matter.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.