Tuscaloosa, AL asked in Real Estate Law, Elder Law and Probate for Alabama

Q: My father died 12 years ago. My sister paid all his debts & all taxes on his property have been paid.

she did not file probate when he died. We want to sell his mobile home. What do we do now?

1 Lawyer Answer
Frank Truncali
Frank Truncali
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Montgomery, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: Some additional facts are needed before an attorney can fully answer this question. For example, is the mobile home still titled in your father's name? Does this sale involve the land that the sits on? I recommend contacting a probate attorney in your area to further discuss the next steps and your options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.