Hopkinsville, KY asked in Personal Injury and Civil Rights for Kentucky

Q: I need an attorney to file a claim for violation of rights and mental distress at the Christian County KY jail.

I was detained in isolation "the hole" without cause, with no contact, phone calls or access to legal representation for 6 days. I was not given so much as a cup to drink water from the filthy sink. I was repeatedly denied the ability to pay the cash bond, despite having ample funds in my checking account, and was only freed after the intervention of my ex wife, Dr. N.R., and my attorney in another matter, M.G.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Contact your local bar association or legal aid society. They maintain lists of civil rights attorneys in your area who may be able to help you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.