Anderson, SC asked in Civil Rights and Criminal Law for Florida

Q: If someone I knew had a small misdemeanor charge,did their time (3 months) and had one year probation allowed move state

Their probation officer declined them to move states, after they asked them if they could leave and switch the classes over to the other state and was willing to pay everything off way faster.. they were homeless and had no help. But in the other state they had my family to help get them back on there feet. They currently have a really good paying job, and is going to pay it off still. The charge was a petty battery, I'm the person it happened to and I didn't want him to get arrested in the first place my neighbor called. It was all a misunderstanding and actually my fault. And we have a kid together that we need to focus on raising and not stressing over this situation that we shouldn't have had to deal with in the first place. We just want to move states and pay everything off there and attend the classes there faster than we could in Florida.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: To seek help on this issue, your significant other must schedule a consultation with an attorney handling criminal cases in the geographic area of the Court where the case was filed. Since the probation officer denied the relief sought, relief must be sought from the Court, which may or may not be inclined to grant it.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.