Sapulpa, OK asked in Car Accidents for Oklahoma

Q: I was in an accident and I was not at fault. What recourse do I have after a low-ball offer from the at-fault insurance?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tracy Tiernan
Tracy Tiernan
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Assuming you have already retained an attorney on a contingency fee basis, your main three options are:

1. You can accept it and close the claim out;

2. You can file a lawsuit provided your attorney has means and desire to take the case to trial;

3. You can make a counter offer.

It’s expensive and time consuming to work a case up for jury trial, it’s disappointing to take a lowball offer, so most people will make a counter offer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.