Mantachie, MS asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Mississippi

Q: My ex is trying to stop me from seeing our 5 year old daughter an has her around her new boyfriend,what do I need to do

I've been paying child support since she was born an I'm on the birth certificate,an she is making my daughter think that I don't won't to come see her but she won't let me,she took off with her an left her home an had her around her new boyfriend the next day,an I don't have a lot of money to just pay for a lawyer what can I do to get rights from a judge to go get my daughter an spend time with her

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Melissa L Gardner-Ardoin
Melissa L Gardner-Ardoin
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Olive Branch, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: You need to hire an attorney and file a paternity action, asking for your rights as a father, including visitation rights. Do not go through DHS because they cannot handle the visitation issue.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.