Lapeer, MI asked in Contracts and Real Estate Law for Michigan

Q: Is there hope to get my childhood home back?

My mother and I were ( I believe) wrongfully evicted from land that we had been renting to own for 12 years, and due to a blight complaint while cleaning out our garage (we all fell ill and had to stop working for a week or so) the guy we bought the land from said we had to give him 30,000 dollars in one lump sum (we only owed around 12k) or he was going to have us evicted. This all happened as COVID started. Is there anyway I can possibly take them to court over land that we owned on a land contract?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David Soble
David Soble
  • Farmington Hills, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: A real estate attorney familiar with land contract law would need to review the default provisions of the land contract. Additionally, there is a legal process for forfeiture on a land contract. See more at:

Brent T. Geers agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.