Dallas, TX asked in Car Accidents for Oklahoma

Q: I had a minor car accident with 5,000 in medical bills, no attorney wants to take it because its small

I want to file it in small cliams but i will have to serve the woman that hit me and progressive insurance, the woman thaht hit me will be hard to locate, can i do a service by publication in small cliams or only teh regular court?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Oklahoma attorney could advise best but your question remains open for two weeks. Until you consult with a local attorney who knows specific provisions in Oklahoma's civil procedure rules, keep in mind that publication is a very weak form of service (even if permissible under certain situations in some states). I would be reluctant to use it as a form of service for anything of importance involving a statute of limitations. But that's only my individual opinion. It would be best to check with local attorneys for their suggestions. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.