Asked in Family Law and Probate for Oklahoma

Q: My husband and I have been perfectly happy. My step daughter won't let me stay with them. What can I do to sue her

My husband has cancer and I have been his sole caregiver . Nobody in his family helped with that he's about to get his social security benefits she told him to move in with her and told me I can't stay with him. My husband is recovering from cancer so I would never want him to have to live in my car like I have to. But we are happy no problems what can I do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Johnston Dean
Gary Johnston Dean
  • Pryor, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: You should seek help from an experienced local probate attorney, who can file for guardianship of his person and estate. It should be no problem being appointed. You can then move husband back home.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.