Auburndale, FL asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Florida

Q: I about a year ago I gave temporary custody of my daughter to my father she's 16 do I have to go to the courts to get he

I gave temporary custody of my daughter my 16 year old daughter to my dad until I could get my own place get a steady job staple job and get on my feet financially well I'm I'm financially okay now and I have my own home and I have a good job do I have to go through the courts my daughter back legally. also when the judge had granted my father the temporary custody he did Grant it as joint custody with living arrangements at his house until you know I got my own place

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
  • Tallahassee, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If a Judge gave your father temporary custody of your daughter, you will have to return to the same Judge to undo his Order. You might have visitation rights but that is NOT the same a custody.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.